Friday, October 15, 2010

Digital Portfolio

Can of worms, anyone??

My Portfolio

I wish I could say my final project is complete, but have realized that for the first time in my life, the final project will NEVER END! Yes, it will always be a work in progress. In this case, however, it is a good thing. My digital portfolio will be updated with each new project I want to showcase, each new technical skill I am able to figure out and each noteworthy event.

In retrospect, putting the information together in GoogleSites was fairly easy (especially with a template) but the difficulty was in deciding what to include, how to organize vast amounts of information and how to link and insert information and projects. Although I could link web-based projects such as Glogster posters, I was not sure how to show my digital stories, Google Earth field trip or accounts that need my password. I'm not sure the "contact Me" page works..seemed to at first but isn't now. I want widgets too! I'm glad right now that I am keeping our "tester" Ning social network site open, but fairly soon I will need to limit access for the safety of our students.

I am thrilled to have an updated and continuously fresh "resume" of sorts with the ability to showcase a digital portfolio, but it needs lots of work to be complete. I'll never be able to stop thinking of ways to improve this webpage, but it is off to a great start.
All in all, a splendid way to end this course!

No comments:

Post a Comment